The 2 day confex will cover the entire Banking industry to help your business provide exceptional customer service, grow revenues, join the digital revolution and expand your reach.
“Banking customers have both old and new demands” - interview with Debashis Sarkar
The current situation in the banking industry is changing quite rapidly. In such a competitive environment, the banks are also trying to adapt to both new and old demands of their clients. To understand the customer experience, we interviewed Debashis Sarkar, who will be our esteemed speaker and conference chairman at the Bankers' Customer Experience Summit, taking place in Dubai, September 27-28, 2016.
Improvement Practitioner &
Phil Crosby Medalist
1. What are the greatest demands that banking customers make compared to the last 5 years?
We live in a very different time compared to 5 years ago, yet the customers have demands which are both old and new. The new demands pertain to the technological revolution that is currently underway in the background, while the old demands relate to things that have always been associated with banking. The following are some of the highlights:
- Rise of Gen C or connected customers who are multi-device connected and would like to access banks across screens – The challenge for banks is to make sure they have a consistent experience across channels
- Rise of mobile as a banking channel – Apps being used just not for checking balance but carrying out a myriad of transaction types
- Personalisation is the name of the game – How do banks operate “in the Amazon way” and provide products / services based on customer’s life events and unspoken needs,
- Delighting customers is a passé, the banks need to focus on creating a “sharable experience”. They need to proactively embed experiences which the customer is happy to share on social media – A great advocacy tool
- Understanding the customer behaviour and their journey as they navigate various channels
- Getting the basics right by ensuring they provide service when needed while ensuring safety, security and fairness.
- Being able to meet the requirements of the customers’ life events, such as the education of their children, vehicle loans, home loans etc
- Making sure the products are simple and easy to understand, with customers exactly getting what they want without being misled
- Resonating the brand promise across touch points – In many banks, the marketing and customer experience / service departments are still two different entities who work in isolation, which should be avoided.
- Understanding the customer segments and helping them with financial decisions,
- Having a knowledgeable and caring staff
2. Which are the key channels that the banks must perfect in order to solidify the experience of their customers?
As I mentioned earlier, I believe banks need to make sure customers have a consistent experience across channels. The key channel to perfect is very bank-centric and would depend on current gaps. However, we need to remember that while we perfect newer channels such as mobile, self-service kiosks or televisions, we should not forget age-old phone banking. As a matter of fact, a survey that was conducted a while ago found services coming from the contact centres to be a big cause of concern for banks.
3. Are there any learnings in customer experience from other industries that could be utilized in ME banking as well?
Click on the link below, to know more about the conference.
Interested in this topic?
Certified Information Systems Security Professional
This course offers the most comprehensive review of information security concepts and industry best practices. You will gain knowledge in information security that will increase your ability to successfully implement and manage security programs in any organization or government entity.
Gestão de Tesouraria Internacional
O ambiente económico, sujeito à influência da concorrência interna e externa,a responsabilidade social das empresas que exige uma nova postura ética,o impacto das novas tecnologias,a qualidade dos serviços e produtos como elemento indispensável,são determinantes na gestão perante este novo paradigma
Advanced Internal Audit with Report Writing and Communication skills for Auditors
This course will prepare you with the latest methods, tools and concepts that prevail in the internal audit profession and is aiming to equip auditors at all levels with the best practices for presentations, team building, interviewing and negotiations.
Fleming. and SPA wish you all a very happy, and increasingly cashless 2017
Whe are the payment opportunities of wearable tech? We bring you a sneak peek into the BankInno II presentation by Julien Drouet, Board member of the SPA.
Things you need to know about the Payment Services Directive 2
The PSD2 race is on! And no, it is not a new PlayStation console but definitely a game changer. Time is running out to get fully ready for the PSD2. Around 5,000 EU financial institutions have time until January 18, 2018. It may sound like a good length of time, but there is huge amount of work to be done. Let's start from the introduction to this regulation.
The Bankers'Customer Experience Summit - Post Show Report
The Bankers'Customer Experience Summit was held at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotels & Towers, Dubai, UAE on 27 – 28 September, 2016 which brought together 90+ participants, 20 speakers, 19 partners from over 10 countries. Download the post show report below to know more about the conference.