The Asia Pacific Smart Cities Forum is a way of building a platform where overseas and local companies converge to explore new business opportunities and take the lead in the smart cities movement.
Interview with Bobby Singh
Site Leadership must play a key role in defining turnaround performance expectations, but also providing guidance and resources for expectations to turn into reality.
Site Leadership not only visualizes where the organization needs to go, but also provides the will to overcome barriers and resistance to change.
Even though turnarounds are the single most important event in plant operations I have found in my experience that Plant Managers have a simplistic perspective of turnarounds, and perhaps they don't fully comprehend or appreciate key issues such as:
- Time frame needed for planning
- Involvement of different departments
- Resources required to effectively plan and execute turnarounds
- Their leadership role, support and participation
Below are some strategies and steps that are necessary to engage the plant management as an active participant in the turnaround planning and execution role:
- Define Site Leadership's turnaround vision / expectations. This includes understanding their concerns, risks and weak areas.
- Establish Site Leadership's support and guiding role from the beginning.
- Participation of turnaround staff from all departments.
- Include plant management to the brainstorming sessions.
- Communicate business decisions that impact the turnaround.
- Select a Turnaround Manager who has leadership qualities, is experienced and has a significant status in the plant.
Active engagement and Site Leadership's support is essential in achieving pacesetter results and ensuring World-Class Shutdowns and Turnarounds. Always remember that turnarounds are all about people and its success will depend on everyone, including the Site Leadership, working together as a team with the common focus of achieving the turnaround's goals.
Interested in this topic?
Annual Shutdowns & Turnarounds Technical Forum
Over the past five years the Shutdowns & Turnarounds Technical Forum has grow to become one of Europe's leading and best established platforms to address the key challenges surrounding shutdowns and turnarounds.
11th Annual HSE Excellence Europe
We link business, leadership, HSE and environmental topics in a mixture of theoretical keynotes, practical examples, case studies and motivational speeches. Whether you are interested in speaking, attending or sponsoring, you will gain valuable insights and contacts.
Advanced Shutdown & Outages Workshop
The course is the product of over 30 years of practice by turnaround professionals working in different industries in many countries around the globe and its principles are embodied in the “ Model of Excellence for Turnarounds” that forms the central pillar of the workshop.
Hazardous chemical waste and its impact on the environment
Discover more about production and threats that are caused by hazardous chemical waste.
An interview with Pär Björkman, Segment Manager - District Energy (SWEP)
The TILOS project: Running on the power of nature
Growing number of microgrid projects are helping secluded settlements and islands become energy independent. Learn more about the TILOS project addressing the issue of a small Greek island near Rhodes.