The Sales & Marketing Effectiveness in Chemicals Forum will bring together industry leaders as well as experts responsible and deeply involved in sales and marketing strategies.
Interview with Bobby Singh
Site Leadership must play a key role in defining turnaround performance expectations, but also providing guidance and resources for expectations to turn into reality.
Site Leadership not only visualizes where the organization needs to go, but also provides the will to overcome barriers and resistance to change.
Even though turnarounds are the single most important event in plant operations I have found in my experience that Plant Managers have a simplistic perspective of turnarounds, and perhaps they don't fully comprehend or appreciate key issues such as:
- Time frame needed for planning
- Involvement of different departments
- Resources required to effectively plan and execute turnarounds
- Their leadership role, support and participation
Below are some strategies and steps that are necessary to engage the plant management as an active participant in the turnaround planning and execution role:
- Define Site Leadership's turnaround vision / expectations. This includes understanding their concerns, risks and weak areas.
- Establish Site Leadership's support and guiding role from the beginning.
- Participation of turnaround staff from all departments.
- Include plant management to the brainstorming sessions.
- Communicate business decisions that impact the turnaround.
- Select a Turnaround Manager who has leadership qualities, is experienced and has a significant status in the plant.
Active engagement and Site Leadership's support is essential in achieving pacesetter results and ensuring World-Class Shutdowns and Turnarounds. Always remember that turnarounds are all about people and its success will depend on everyone, including the Site Leadership, working together as a team with the common focus of achieving the turnaround's goals.
Interested in this topic?
Annual Shutdown & Turnaround Technical Forum
Over the past five years the Shutdowns & Turnarounds Technical Forum has grow to become one of Europe's leading and best established platforms to address the key challenges surrounding shutdowns and turnarounds.
EPC Contract Management
Join another event from our EPC series. We will tackle pre-contractual challenges: negotiating, tendering, provisioning the contract and more mainly in Oil and Gas, Petrochemical refineries and Power Generation. Attend, gain valuable info as well as CLE credit hours!
Process Analyzers and Sampling Systems: Interview with Dirk Horst
We recently interviewed Dirk Horst, a professional in Instrumentation & Process Analyzers Systems who previously worked in Shell Global Solutions and has more than 35 years of experience.
3 Tunnel Curiosities
Hazardous chemical waste and its impact on the environment
Discover more about production and threats that are caused by hazardous chemical waste.