The 5th Annual Asia Pacific District Cooling Forum & Awards Ceremony is the regions premier event , where key stakeholders converge yearly to gain insights into latest developments in district cooling technologies as well as updates on new and upcoming projects from across the region.
Interview with Bobby Singh
Site Leadership must play a key role in defining turnaround performance expectations, but also providing guidance and resources for expectations to turn into reality.
Site Leadership not only visualizes where the organization needs to go, but also provides the will to overcome barriers and resistance to change.
Even though turnarounds are the single most important event in plant operations I have found in my experience that Plant Managers have a simplistic perspective of turnarounds, and perhaps they don't fully comprehend or appreciate key issues such as:
- Time frame needed for planning
- Involvement of different departments
- Resources required to effectively plan and execute turnarounds
- Their leadership role, support and participation
Below are some strategies and steps that are necessary to engage the plant management as an active participant in the turnaround planning and execution role:
- Define Site Leadership's turnaround vision / expectations. This includes understanding their concerns, risks and weak areas.
- Establish Site Leadership's support and guiding role from the beginning.
- Participation of turnaround staff from all departments.
- Include plant management to the brainstorming sessions.
- Communicate business decisions that impact the turnaround.
- Select a Turnaround Manager who has leadership qualities, is experienced and has a significant status in the plant.
Active engagement and Site Leadership's support is essential in achieving pacesetter results and ensuring World-Class Shutdowns and Turnarounds. Always remember that turnarounds are all about people and its success will depend on everyone, including the Site Leadership, working together as a team with the common focus of achieving the turnaround's goals.
Interested in this topic?
District Cooling Operations & Maintenance Masterclass
This three-day training course will enhance the theoretical as well as practical concept to operations and maintenance of District Cooling. The program also covers DC plant electrical orientation and configuration.
Process Analyzers and Sampling Systems
Achieve optimal performance through understanding of operating principles, possible interference and practical knowledge.
Wind of change
How many wind turbines would it take to power the world? Steve Sawyer the Global Wind Energy Council's Secretary General, did the math: 21,000 terawatt-hours (the average annual global electricity consumption) divided by 0.005256 terawatt-hours of annual wind energy production per wind turbine equals approximately 3,995,434 onshore turbines.
Gone with the Wind
In last years, the wind energy has matured dramatically. We have prepared an infographic to immerse you in the topic.
Let's have an eco-ride with the Renault Twizy
A few days ago, I attended a smart and green city solutions exhibition. As I was passing by the booths, an unusual looking car grabbed my attention.