The 2 day confex will cover the entire Banking industry to help your business provide exceptional customer service, grow revenues, join the digital revolution and expand your reach.
Interview with Mr. Mario Anero
Interview with Mr. Mario Anero, Head of Property, Claims Excellence, General Insurance, Zurich Insurance Group Ltd.
1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how important is customer experience and feedback for you? What measures is your company taking to meet customer expectations?
We all want to be the best in customer understanding, customer centricity, customer focus, customer service... So if anything is important for making progress on these topics, it is to get their feedback and understand what is working well and what we need to improve. So it is a 10 for me.
We have implemented TNPS in a significant number of countries and other programs to better understand and meet customer expectations.
2. What are the most difficult aspects of dealing with insurance claims?
Managing customer expectations from the first notification of loss (FNOL) is key for simplifying the claim handling process and making it easy (the more information we get and provide to the customer at FNOL, the better the final outcome). When we don't do that, problems arise.
3. What is the most ridiculous fraud attempt you have encountered while working in the claims environment?
I was the loss adjuster in a fire claim in a very small health center in a small village in Spain. The policy hadn't been issued when the claim happened, so they bought the insurance policy a few days after ("fishy, to say the least"). The person who first discovered the fire was a patient of the health center and when I tried to talk with him, I was told that he had died. I went to the cemetery to find his tomb and... he died the day after the fire (he didn't feel good and that was the reason why he went to the health center that day). The policy was issued a week later...
4. Can you share some interesting case study you have come across or a case you have struggled with personally in your professional environment?
As a former adjuster, I always defended the added value of an adjuster in every single claim (small, medium, large loss). It was hard to accept when I realized (after a real pilot we had prepared for some months) that for small motor claims, the "savings" in indemnities that we got with the appointment of an independent adjuster were not enough to compensate the fees we pay them.
5. What are the latest innovations you have implemented in your business and how have they worked for your company?
I would highlight two:
- TNPS. The need to get customer feedback is really important.
- The Case Management System for litigation. It is essential to understand how we are performing in litigation and learn from experience.
6. What do you enjoy most about your job?
- EVERYTHING ! I am a claims animal :-) I was happy working as an adjuster in motor, property, casualty and marine claims; afterwards I continued to be more than happy working in claims vendor management in Spain and Globally and now I am very happy working in Property globally as well. I wouldn't have any problem to work in any of these positions again...
Interested in this topic?
Certified Information Systems Security Professional
This course offers the most comprehensive review of information security concepts and industry best practices. You will gain knowledge in information security that will increase your ability to successfully implement and manage security programs in any organization or government entity.
Gestão de Tesouraria Internacional
O ambiente económico, sujeito à influência da concorrência interna e externa,a responsabilidade social das empresas que exige uma nova postura ética,o impacto das novas tecnologias,a qualidade dos serviços e produtos como elemento indispensável,são determinantes na gestão perante este novo paradigma
Advanced Internal Audit with Report Writing and Communication skills for Auditors
This course will prepare you with the latest methods, tools and concepts that prevail in the internal audit profession and is aiming to equip auditors at all levels with the best practices for presentations, team building, interviewing and negotiations.
Fleming. and SPA wish you all a very happy, and increasingly cashless 2017
Whe are the payment opportunities of wearable tech? We bring you a sneak peek into the BankInno II presentation by Julien Drouet, Board member of the SPA.
Things you need to know about the Payment Services Directive 2
The PSD2 race is on! And no, it is not a new PlayStation console but definitely a game changer. Time is running out to get fully ready for the PSD2. Around 5,000 EU financial institutions have time until January 18, 2018. It may sound like a good length of time, but there is huge amount of work to be done. Let's start from the introduction to this regulation.
The Bankers'Customer Experience Summit - Post Show Report
The Bankers'Customer Experience Summit was held at Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotels & Towers, Dubai, UAE on 27 – 28 September, 2016 which brought together 90+ participants, 20 speakers, 19 partners from over 10 countries. Download the post show report below to know more about the conference.