The Mini-MBA Strategic Operations Business Executive (SOBE) is equivalent to an MBA level course taught at American Universities and modified to provide participants with the most up-to-date tools. Successful completion of the course makes you a Certified Strategic Operations Business Executive.
The 10 main things to watch in the new face of HR
The world of HR & recruitment is becoming a borderless, technology savvy, open-talent and value focused, emerging, lively, multicultural and multi-generational organism. Inside it, there are many “cells” that are trying to hold together what they have and to build more: companies, recruitment agencies, managers, generalists, specialists, consultants and the list goes on and on.
So, what are the 10 main things that they are keeping an eye on?
1. The role of the HR professional is changing – Mobile applications, the Internet and websites (vendors like LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter) are helping. A company website is also a helpful tool. Recruiters are moving from analytical to behavioral thinking. Questions like: Give an example of a time you had to respond to an unhappy customer or How would you handle a conflict at work during an interview, etc. are “trending” now.
2. Generations are changing – First, Generation X, then Y or Millennials, now Z. People from Generation Z were been born between 1995 and 2010. Proactivity and socializing come as standard for them. The transition from hierarchy to network, having fun doing serious business and purpose before practical use are their operational manual. They are not afraid to experiment, and this also applies to looking for jobs and taking on tasks.
3. War for talent – Competition in the market has increased for companies as well as for applicants. Falling within the criteria can be demanding. To keep pace with the market, companies are using headhunters, referrals and apps. It is hard to retain the best talent and manage turnover.
4. Virtual workplace and outsourced positions – Atypical contracts play a huge role too. Freelancing, hubs, co–working, working from home and meeting kindred people at “unconferences” are the life/workstyle of many careers. Outsourcing is a chapter on its own. But when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Think global; act local. Negotiating terms that are enriching for both sides should be the norm. Some countries have already emerged as global hubs like India, for example. Estonia, Turkey, China and more will follow.
5. Healthy workplace – There is a strong connection between the health and well-being of people and their work environments. Keeping the work-life balance is crucial. Stress, mental health, bullying, burnout syndrome, spiritual development and equity are terms that are becoming common expressions for people at productive age working in open-space offices or cubicles.
6. Diverse workforce – This can probably be best seen in America, a melting pot of cultures and people. Diversity is crucial for fostering innovation and a positive company culture. According to the Society for Human Resource Management, it also improves ROI and customer base diversity.
7. Technology – The right use of technology helps HR pros to manage the workforce in a mobile and global way, 24/7. The use of social networks, intranets and IT tools help not only to recruit but also to build a strong brand, competitive advantage, integrated and interactive content.
8. Talent management, learning & development – Technology is essential for the new generation. Learning content is delivered online (courses, webinars, e–learning tools, gamification, certifications, exams). But social and collaborative learning is crucial too. In-house trainings, meetings, lectures, etc. are still pretty much “alive” in companies. To build and to sustain not only the monetary capital but also human capital is the key.
9. Corporate culture – It is a must-have. As mentioned before, for Millennials, working for a company that has a positive image is becoming more important than working for a company with the biggest market share.
10. Impact of compliance and employee rights – It is all about people. And people treasure honesty and fair play the most. Customers as well as employees are starting to favor small businesses, companies with open-door policies, integrity and sympathetic leaders. If you play your game right, employees will become leaders at all levels and also brand ambassadors. Your “alumni” employees are a base for accessing new talent. Treasure them. In the words of Jim Collins, author of the book Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't: “Great vision without great people is irrelevant.”
Interested in this topic?
HR Oman Summit
Themed as "Connecting People to Change", the HR Oman Summit has emerged as a platform for HR Leaders & Experts in the region to Discuss, Develop, Drive the National Priority of Human Resource Development through Leadership Development & Excellence building.
Certified Financial Modeling Professional
Build more powerful and more accurate forecasting models to better analyze financial data, predict revenues and costs, assess risks—and justify critical business decisions.
Will Artificial Intelligence take over HR?
We can still remember movies like A.I. Artificial Intelligence, The Terminator or I Robot that enjoyed great popularity at the beginning of the 21st century. Both artificial intelligence and robotics were common features. Today, barely 15 years later, artificial intelligence has become a part of real life and come to the center of attention for technologists, scientists and researchers.
Pave your way to successful cultural change with Google
In the business world, these are the three words that are invoked the most these days: Corporate Culture and Transformation. Adapting to the ever-changing business environment starts from within – with a change of culture.
How do Digital Winners benefit from Digital Transformation?
High-performing companies are 1.5-times more likely to use technology and digital transformation to knock out their competition. See how technological innovations can influence also your performance!