Argyll GTS Ltd., UK
Calum is engineer with approximately 44 years experience in centrifugal pumps covering design, manufacturing, service and repair in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical. In 1977 he embarked on a journey of learning is this field that has taken him all over the world. In 1992 he became a Chartered mechanical engineer in the Institute of Mechanical Engineers and in the same year presenting a technical paper at Cambridge University at the International Conference on Cavitation. Calum is also author of several pump articles in World Pumps relating to the ownership costs of seal less pumps.
Brief portfolio of Calum's work:
• A major part of his work is involved in reducing the cost of pump ownership for pump asset owners. This is
through several services:
• Training: This being the most impactful one in reducing the cost by improving the reliability of the pumps.
• Site Investigations: Hands on approach coupled with the depth of pump design; pump failures are
investigated and solved. Root Cause Analysis forms a major part of this work.
• Design Upgrades: Whether for efficiency enhancement to reduce power consumption, to increase pump
flow or pressure or for reliability improvement a full re-design of the pump assets are carried out.
With Extensive Expertise in:
• Mechanical and hydraulic design, reverse engineering, metallurgy, erosion, corrosion, condition monitoring,
reliability, HSE (health/safety/environment), energy efficiency, asset integrity, project management, training,
and technology development and innovation
Partial list of companies that have benefited from the trainer's expertise:
• ADNOC, ARAMCO, BP,Gazprom, KOC, Marafiq, Qatar Petroleum, SABIC, Shell, SNC Lavalin & SWCC and