Book your seat

Online Live Training Features

All sessions of this unique course online

Live interaction options between the delegates and trainer

Available via mobile, tablet or laptop

Reveal the full schedule, program, and trainer info!

Download the brochure and reveal the full program details

Meet the training leader

  • Matteo Loizzo
  • Well Integrity Consultant
  • Germany
Learn more about the trainer

“The value of global decommissioning projects between now and 2024 is estimated at app. $42 billion. Offshore Northwest Europe, where the average age of production facilities is said to be 25 years, the market is expected to grow by 20% annually through 2022 if oil prices do not pick up substantially, helped by presently favourable service contract prices. P&A of wells will likely account for 45% of total decommissioning costs over this period, with platform wells representing around 65% of the total wells to be abandoned, the rest being subsea wells. Overall, more than 2,500 oil and gas wells are expected to be decommissioned in North Sea over the coming decade.”


Course description

This 4-day master-class seminar will cover in depth how and why wells are plugged and abandoned at the end of their useful life. Right now is the perfect time to take a hard look at the long-neglected decommissioning phase: our social license to operate as an industry depends on controlling leaks, especially from abandoned wells; the slump, current bargain prices and funding opportunities means it makes no economic sense to keep putting off; and the welcome rise of turn-key abandonment implies that both well owners and service providers need to understand the risk of a few specific wells.

The session is focused on professionals involved in decommissioning, well integrity, production engineering and project management, who are encouraged to bring some of their challenges along to apply together the techniques and methods discussed during the classes. Our experience in remote training means that the highly technical content is delivered in interactive, participative, hands- on way, and the exercises allow addressing challenges in a collaborative setting.

Key topics

Introduction to Well Abandonment

Barriers, Materials and Ageing

Geological barriers – creeping rocks

Risk Management

Life-Cycle Integrity Management

Taking abandonment decisions

Key Takeaways

Classify aging processes that determine the current and future conditions of well barriers

Critically apply key international standards

Analyze the integrity risk of particular wells and field

Diagnose key problems that drive the cost and complexity of abandonment

Design an effective and efficient abandonment strategy

Assess the benefits of different technologies and techniques

Plan early for decommissioning

Understand how regulators and stakeholders set the rules of the game

Realize why geology is the main actor in abandonment



Delegate Fee

from 1296 € Buy


Based on your specific needs and goals, we will build a training program that will equip your employees with the right set of skills and practical knowledge to achieve your organization's targets.

Request in-house training

Sneak peek into the program

Get the complete program line-up, speaker details and more.

Download brochure

Fill in details below to download your PDF brochure.

Contact us