Meet your prominent trainer
- Jorge Macedo
- Safety Coordination of the Decommissioning of the GE / Alstom Plant in Setúbal
Investigating a work-site incident - a fatality, injury, illness, or close call - provides employers and workers the opportunity to identify hazards in their operations and shortcomings in their safety and health programs. Most importantly, it enables employers and workers to identify and implement the corrective actions necessary to prevent future incidents.
Incident investigations that focus on identifying and correcting root causes, not on finding fault or blame, also improve workplace morale and increase productivity, by demonstrating an employer’s commitment to a safe and healthful workplace.
This course provides the delegates with an overview of incident investigation. The motivation for this course is to outline a procedure of incident investigation that is objective and satisfies most regulatory requirements. The aim is to learn the lessons, determine the root cause of the incident and develop effective measures to avoid such incidents in future.
Determine which data to include in investigation reports
Develop understanding of Hazard control measures and follow-up
This course provides a very enriching learning experience to the participants and encourages them to actively participate in the proceedings. The 2-way communication principle is adopted whereby the delegates learn from the industry experience of the Trainer and at the same time are given opportunity to express their views and ideas. Depending on the expertise and capability of participants they would even be encouraged to present the learning during the course by themselves with a view to optimize the retention of the knowledge shared by the Trainer/ Facilitator.
The instructional format capitalizes on a careful balance of formal lectures by the Trainer and individual/ group exercises/ workshops. The Program will use following learning methods/ techniques:
- PowerPint presentation and Lectures
- Daily Quizzes to determine the retention of knowledge and encourage attentiveness
- Exercises/workshops/ Case studies to develop understanding of the topics covered
- Delegates will be encouraged to take active part in discussions and express their views/ideas
- Presentations by the participants to give them confidence and for determining their understanding of the contents taught