Markus has more than 20 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with a focus on vaccines, recombinant proteins and immune therapeutics. He has profound expertise in regulatory aspects such as third party audits, authority inspections and GMP guidelines. He has a management consulting education and holds a doctorate degree in immunology/biochemistry from the Technical University of Graz, Austria. Markus started his carrier at a Novartis “Spin off” in Vienna in 2006, he has acquired the oncology division and founded Velalabs & Meridian Biopharmaceutics. Besides serving as a CEO and formal Managing Director, Markus has also taken responsibilities as a Head of Regulatory Affairs within the Quality Operations team. Markus was previously Head Quality Control at Igeneon/Aphton Biopharma where he was responsible for all QC aspects of pre-clinical and clinical projects such as stability studies, specifications, method validation, and product release. Before that, he was Group Leader of Immunology and Product Development at Biomin GmbH, Head Biochemical Control at Baxter AG and Head Quality Operations at Octapharma AG.
• 2 years Biomin AG Cell culture lab, development of immune enhancer drugs
• 6 years Baxter Inc Quality control of vaccines & coagulation factors
• 2 years Octapharma Head of Quality Operations & Quality Control (plasma products)
• 3 years Novartis AG Oncology, Cancer immune therapy, Quality + RA
• 15 years Management Buy-out (founder and CEO of 2 Biotech companies) VelaLabs & Meridian Biopharmaceuticals