- Tim Burbury
- King & Spalding LLP, United Arab Emirates
Tim Burbury is a partner at Global law firm King & Spalding, based in the UAE.
He leads the Firm's Projects & Energy Practice in EMEA. He also leads the Firm’s Global District Energy Practice and co-leads the Firm’s Global Infrastructure Area of Focus.
Mr Burbury has over 20 years of legal experience advising clients on their infrastructure and Public Private Partnerships (or PPPs). His sector experience involves energy projects, utility projects, social infrastructure projects and transport projects.
Tim has led teams on many high profile infrastructure projects. Examples includes:
- The Saadiyat Island mega project in Abu Dhabi
- Jeddah Tower Project in Saudi Arabia, which will be the tallest building in the world on completion
- Dubai’s EXPO2020
- Dubai’s Al Maktoum Airport
- Saudi Arabia’s first 4 utility PPPs – which are for Solar, Wind, Desalination and Waste Water
Mr Burbury has considerable expertise in District Cooling. He has advised on 50 projects in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Bahrain. He has also advised Governments on regulatory issues in district cooling.
He is the author of the UAE chapter for the publication “District Heating and Cooling - Country by Country”, published by Euroheat & Power.
Finally, he is supporting the United Nations Environment Program on their District Energy in World Cities Initiative, which is a global initiative to support the rapid development of district cooling and heating projects in all major cities around the world.