Developing Malaysia as a world class tourist and cultural destination by year 2020, as well as building the national identity based on arts, culture and heritage.
To drive the tourism and culture sectors as the catalyst for a sustainable socioeconomic growth, as well as to strengthen, conserve and preserve national arts, culture and heritage.
MINISTRY’S POLICY STATEMENT
To propel competitive and sustainable tourism and culture sectors towards the socio-economic development of the country.
1. To strengthen the arts, culture and heritage towards enhancing national unity based on the National Cultural Policy;
2. To enhance the synergy and cooperation among the tourism and culture industry players towards making Malaysia the preferred tourist and cultural destinations;
3. To strengthen the tourism and culture sectors towards empowering the nation’s economy;
4. To promote Malaysia’s uniqueness in arts, culture and heritage as the main catalyst for the growth in tourism and culture sectors; and
5. To develop knowledgeable, skilled, creative and innovative human capital in tourism and culture sectors.