- Annemijn Eschauzier
- Chief Marketing Officer Women's Health
- GE Healthcare, United Kingdom
• Regular mammograms are a critical tool in detecting breast cancer. In fact, evidence shows that finding breast cancer early reduces a woman’s risk of dying from the disease by 25-30 percent or more.
• Knowing that one in four women avoid getting mammograms because of the fear and anxiety from the potential result and exam discomfort - and that a choice to not get a mammogram can delay a breast cancer diagnosis and impact their long-term prognosis – GE Healthcare focused on designing a mammography system that provides a better patient experience with the high image quality expected from our products to help lessen the discomfort of the exam.
• We focused on how do we take mammography to the next level to help lessen the discomfort of the exam – how do we change the perception of mammography? How do we humanize the experience?
• The Senographe Pristina was designed by a team of women at GE Healthcare who used their unique insights as women, coupled with feedback from patients, technologists and radiologists, to design a new, more comfortable mammography system – one that they would want to be scanned on.